Saturday, January 28, 2017

Officially… Mrs. Dupaya

“A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life. ” — Richard Bach

May and TJ saying their vows.

Just last Friday, January 27, 2017, I had the honor of witnessing my dear friend, Mary May’s most special day in Tuguegarao City. It was my first travel for this year and the first destination wedding that I’ve attended. May and TJ really were made for each other, and it's when you see a love like this that I think of the opening quote from Richard Bach. Umm, I'm not crying, that's just the fake eyelashes irritating my eyes hahahaha!


Looking back to May 2016, on Mary May’s birthday in Indonesia, at sunrise. TJ proposed to Mary May. It was the most perfect moment for her. I was literally brought to tears when May told us girls. It was because I couldn’t imagine my dear friend be with someone other than TJ. Knowing the struggles that they’ve been through as well. Long distance relationships have a very slim chance to succeed. But here they are, starting to plan their wedding and build dreams together as a union. Oh my God, I felt so giddy like a love-sick puppy dog!


On her wedding day, I know I am probably slightly biased... but Mary May is genuinely one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. It was such a magical moment watching her walk down the aisle in her father’s arms, all of us seeing her in her dress for the first time before we were whisked off to the venue. THERE WERE TEARS! I tried my best not to cry because I wasn’t sure if my mascara is waterproof lol! Seeing Mary May's parents get misty-eyed really tugged on my heart strings too. There's something so special about the father of the bride in particular, seeing his daughter in her wedding dress for the first time which you just can't put into words.
Selfie with Mrs.Dupaya, the Most Beautiful Bride!

Squad Goals with The Newlyweds.

Congratulations Mary May and TJ! You’re love story is such an inspiration. Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment