Sunday, April 30, 2017

Stumble, Fall And Rise – The Inflatable Island PH Experience

“I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky tumbling down”, the lyrics of Carole King popping in my ears as I, together with the Third Party Risk Management team, am on my way to Inflatable Island Philippines. We all boarded the van, some are asleep, and some are chit-chatting, while me, I am just on my earphones acting nonchalant. I am trying to hide the excitement within me, my heart pounded wildly as we entered SCTEX. The lyrics of Carole King’s song is explaining it though hahaha!

We arrived past 10am. Quite late for our 2-hour pass which is supposed to start at 10am until 12nn. It took a while for us to settle down and change, leaving us only 30 minutes to enjoy the Inflatable Island. And I tell you, it was the wildest 30 minutes of my life! After the briefing, we donned our life vests and went straight to the fun! It was a struggle upon entering the island. The flooring is slippery and wobbly so it was very difficult to balance. I stumbled and fell into the water a number of times. There were 14 obstacles all in all but given that we were already late, we just tried 2 out of 14, the Giant Tarzan Swing & Slide and Jumping Pillow (the complete list and map is below). My apologies for the very few photos taken on the island, as what heywatermelon girl said in her blog, “It is when you lose your focus on taking pictures that you know you are having pure happiness”, this is genuinely true and I couldn’t agree more – check her out here.













Photo from http://www.theinflatableisland.com/


Aside from the playground and the Bali inspired cabanas, there are these trendy floaties by the shore. We took the opportunity to pose and shoot some Instagram worthy photos. No need for words on these shots I suppose, *wink.








As the sun started to set, we took some shots, packed up and left. It was indeed a fun weekend. You know as well as they say, time wasted at the beach is time well spent. All the stumbling and falling were all worth it. What's important is that we rise after we fall.




Meet our non-human companion - Joon Jae.


Special thanks to the Third Party Risk Management team Manila for the invite! It’s not very often that you feel you belong to a group instantly, and I felt that sense of belongingness with you guys (cheesy but true hahahaha!).


No comments:

Post a Comment