Saturday, January 6, 2018

People of my Year

It’s the New Year once again. For most people New Year is the season for new beginnings. It is the season of practically hitting the reset button and start everything anew. Resetting goals, listing down new year’s resolutions, mapping out activities and travels for the year ahead. 

As for me, New Year is also a time to reflect on how the previous year went. Did it go as planned? Were you able to achieve what you aimed at the start of the year? Were you able to live up to your expectations? My 2017 was great! And it wouldn’t be great without paying tribute to the people who helped me keep my sanity to get thru the year.

Here are the people of my year, 2017.

  1. Supermoon / El Nido 3+ Friends
My first trip of the year was in El Nido. It was not the perfect trip to be honest. I was sick days before the trip commenced, I even thought I couldn’t go. The tours that we booked got cancelled because of some weather issues. All of us even got unexplainable tummy booboos. But despite these inconveniences we encountered in El Nido, it was surely one for the books. It is because I’m with my Supermoon/El Nido 3+ friends. The trip was filled with laughter. And it’s not an ordinary kind of laughter, it is the kind that will surely make you roll on the floor splinting your abdomen with your arms. It is because of these friends that I never looked at the sunset the same way again. LOL



  1. The EAT Girls
We were formerly called The Breakfast Club, but as the days went by, one by one, members of TBC were slowly leaving. And then we were reduced to three. Maine, Jewel and the prettiest Me hahaha! The EAT girls are nothing but foodies. We couldn’t let any day pass without shoving food into our mouths. Needless to say, we love food. We all think that Ministop Chicken is the best tasting fried chicken in the world! No wonder we’re getting bigger and bigger every single day. 😁


Did I mention our love for food? LOL

  1. Buena Familia
Well I don’t think this item in my list needs to be explained though. I intended not to include Buena Familia in my list last year coz I featured them in a separate blog post, you may check it here. Therefore, these bunch of crazy but loveable people are no longer strangers here, they are already hall of famers. I love each of them to bits! And I look forward to lots travelling with them this year. 


Odette and Marvin are adopted. I repeat, ADOPTED! hahahaha!

  1. Third Party Risk Manila Team
I never post anything about work. But this time, I’m going to make an exception. The TPRM Team, I have already mentioned them in a previous blog (click here). I went to Inflatable island with them last summer. And I was very blessed to be part of this team officially on the last quarter of 2017. I never felt so welcome the way this team welcomed me. I felt so loved, and they’re always there to help me learn every step and stumble of everything at work. I’ve stated this before and i’ll say it again, it is not very often that you feel you belong to a group instantly, and I STILL feel that sense of belongingness with these people until this very moment.




  1. Tapdasan Bloodline
But of course! How could I not include them? I always put my family at the pedestal. Whether the situation entails sleepless nights or spending big chunks of moola just to be with them, esp on christmas and new year. I don’t mind doing those for them and I don’t intend to stop until my dying day. Now, I need to stop this cheesyness! 😝


Here's us, together with the Garlito's last Christmas.

That’s it guys! It was a really awesome 2017. I hope and pray that 2018 is going to be much more awesome. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment